Study Abroad Graduate Assistant
The Study Abroad Graduate Assistant will work in the Office of International Education (OIE) in the Study Abroad unit. The OIE facilitates internationalization efforts on and off campus to prepare students for the global workforce and society. This position will be under the supervision of the Assistant Director for Study Abroad and will perform the following tasks:
Event Planning, Marketing, Recruitment and Public Relations
· Plans various aspects of on-campus events, including study abroad pre-departure orientations, re-entry workshops, the study abroad fair, Advisement Day, international partner site visits, and faculty leader pre-departure orientation for outbound programs.
· Coordinates the Global Ambassador program and other events that engage study abroad alumni.
· Assists in developing marketing plan for study abroad recruitment in consultation with Assistant Director.
· Recruits and promotes on campus for outbound programs offered through the office (i.e. classroom presentations, Advisement Day, study abroad fairs, social media).
· Facilitates campus events (peer advising, information sessions, information tables).
· Maintains and updates information in the study abroad CRM, Terra Dotta.
· Assists with special projects and strategic planning.
· Assists with official reporting of data as needed.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
This position will require three days in the office per week for a total of 10 hours per week. The minimum length of working each time is two consecutive hours during OIE regular office hours.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in one or more of the following areas: international education and/or study abroad experience, event planning, marketing, recruitment, public relations, communications, and/or business administration. Must have excellent attention to detail, organization and communication skills and experience with Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint). Must be pro-active in taking initiative on projects and problem-solving.